SHAVING EXPERT RECOMMENDS THE PRODUCTS COOLSHAVING CARRIES!
Weekend Today TV Show featured a shaving expert who reported the current boom in traditional wet-shaving products and techniques. This expert said men were tired of the poor shave which TV-advertised blades were giving them. In the course of speaking of razors, brushes, and wet-shaving materials, this shaving expert recommends many of the products Coolshaving currently carries.
Here are his most important points:
· “The perfect shave is what all men strive for every morning when they bring their razor up their chin – an effortless shave that’s baby smooth, and without any of the usual skin irritation, redness, and that burning sensation most guys seem to feel is par for the course when it comes to shaving. “
· “Why do so many guys find this so hard to achieve? Because proper shaving has become a lost art …”
· “It’s no wonder that the hottest trend right now in male grooming is a return to the traditional wet shave.”
· “Millions of men have been shocked to discover that the ‘old fashioned’ method of shaving they thought went out with the Hula Hoop is actually the best quality shave you can get.”
· “Wetshaving gives you more effective shaves and better looking skin … The key to proper wetshaving is keeping your face as wet as possible at all times during the shave…”
· “The perfect shave has three ingredients: a good razor, a good brush, and glycerin-based shaving cream…” (NOTE: Coolshaving carries glycerine-based shaving round soap; our soap contains both avocado oil to properly soften the beard, and the same skin moisturizing ingredients found in a Dove Bar. Thus, your skin always feels refreshed after shaving, not slightly dry and irritated.”
· “A good badger-hair shaving brush is the single most important ingredient in getting the perfect shave.” NOTE: We agree completely! Our pure Summer Coat Badger Brushes start at $23.99, and will last you 20 years if you allow the head to dry between use. Our Winter Coat Badger (Silver Tip) has twice the capacity to hold heat and water than the Summer Coat. Our brushes are twice sown rather than single sown as our competitors are, giving you many more years of pleasurable service.
Our badger brushes range upward to $87.50. The Winter Coat Badger brushes have about 50% more bristles than a Summer Coat brush, giving you a much larger head. As this shaving expert says: “Bigger brushes hold more water and tend to make better lather faster and more easily.”
· “The next tool you need for wetshaving is a razor. And by razor, I mean whatever high-quality, NON-DISPOSABLE razor you feel most comfortable with … serious wetshavers use the classic double-edge (DE) safety razor! “
· “DE razors are also the best choice for African-American men, many of whom suffer from ‘shave bumps’, which occur when their tougher whiskers are cut too aggressively by modern mutli-blade razors, causing them to grow back underneath the skin and turn into ingrown hairs … African-American men in particular find that shaving with a safety razor clears up their skin and makes shaving a pleasure again. “
· Recommends MERKUR brand German safety razors – “The German company Merkur offers a whole range of extremely high-quality, precision-made safety razors … a reissue of the 1904 Gillette DE to the super deluxe $120 Vision, the coolest, most futuristic-looking razor on the planet … The biggest bang for the buck is Merkur’s $27 HD “Hefty Classic” safety razor
NOTE: Coolshaving carries each of these MERKUR safety razors:
“Reissue of the 1904 Gillette is Stock #163,
“Super deluxe $120 Vision” is our #2000,
“Merkur’s $27 HD ‘Hefty Classic’ safety razor”, is our #178,
· We carry MERKUR replacement blades (Stock #219), I use this blade and get 2-3 weeks from each blade.
“CAUTION: if you’ve been shaving with a disposable razor or one of the modern multi-blade cartridge systems like the Mach3, be aware that switching to a single-blade DE will require that you un-learn all the bad habits that modern razors are designed to let sleepy, lazy guys get away with. Mainly, that means slower, more careful strokes, and guiding the razor’s head over your skin WITHOUT PRESSING DOWN.”
If you have any further questions about your beard and face, and how to get that “Perfect Shave”, please call us at 866-909-2850.
Excerpts taken from the transcript of the Today Show:
“How to get that perfect shave: Latest trends
and products to avoid those nicks and cuts”, Weekend Today,